- A first manual for the usage of UNICORN can be found in the GET deliverable D6.3 'Prototypical Implementation of the Information Aggregation Engine'. This document aims at providing a manual for the interaction with as well as the usage, functions, and implementation of UNICORN, formerly called information aggregation engine. It includes a description of functional as well as non-functional aspects, e.g. its architecture, the technologies used, security, and extension capabilities. It may be downloaded from the GET Service website.
Event processing prototypes with UNICORN addressing a multitude of everyday challenges in logistics
- Batch Monitoring
- Multi-Instance Activity Monitoring
- Location-based Monitoring
- Delay Propagation
- Deadline Propagation
GET Service Applications with UNICORN
- The GET Service project, in which UNICORN is used for event processing, has published a video explaining in just one minute how the combination of business processes, IT, and logistics can help to reduce CO2 emissions. The video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNIPWquZvsY.
- A screencast showing the application of event processing for GET Service using a road-transportation example is provided at http://youtu.be/bIVyr0rs9CE.
- A screencast showing the application of GET Service for an airfreight transportation example is provided at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE2Df7iaERk. It shows how GET Service is able to optimise routes, execute process models, receive events from multiple sources, detect the occurrence of a freight-shift, the unexpected landing of an airplane at a different airport, e.g. for technical reasons or due to weather conditions, and react to such a freight shift.