Sankalita Mandal, M. Sc.
Business Process Technology|
Hasso Plattner Institute
Digital Engineering Faculty
University of Potsdam
D-14482 Potsdam, Germany
I was born in Kolkata, India. I came to Germany in 2011 after completing my Bachelor studies in Computer Science from West Bengal University of Technology
. In 2014, I completed M.Sc. in Computer Science from TU Kaiserslautern
. My major was Software Engineering.
I joined the Business Process Technology research group of Hasso Plattner Institute as a PhD
student in March 2015. I am also a part of HPI Research School
since April 2015.
My research focus is using external events in business processes. I am investigating on the aspects needed to be considered for the integration, the challenges to bring these two worlds together and the probable solutions to address those challenges.
- Mandal, S., Weidlich, M., Weske, M.: Events in Business Process Implementation: Early Subscription and Event Buffering. Business Process Management (BPM) Forum, Springer (2017)
- Pufahl, L., Mandal, S., Batoulis, K., Weske, M.: Re-evaluation of Decisions based on Events. In: Enabling Business Transformation by Business Process Modeling, Development, and Support (BPMDS), Springer (2017) paper
- Mandal, S.: Events in BPMN: The Racing Events Dilemma. In: Central European Workshop on Services and their Composition (ZEUS), CEUR-WS.org (2017) paper
- Nikaj, A., Mandal, S., Pautasso, C., Weske, M.: From Choreography Diagrams to RESTful Interactions. In: International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC) Workshops, Springer (2015) paper
- Völker, M., Mandal, S., Hewelt, M.: Testing Event-driven Applications with Automatically Generated Events. In: Business Process Management (BPM) Demo Session, CEUR-WS.org (2017)
- Beyer, J., Kuhn, P., Hewelt, M., Mandal, S., Weske, M.: Unicorn meets Chimera: Integrating External Events into Case Management. In: Business Process Management (BPM) Demo Session, CEUR-WS.org (2016) paper
- 19 June, 2017: Events in Business Process Implementation: From Expressive Models to Analysis Opportunities. Events Meet Processes Workshop, Co-located with DEBS, Barcelona, Spain
- Co-supervisor (with Marcin Hewelt) of Bachelor Project on Mit Daten richtig einheizen: Intelligente Ereignisverarbeitung im Internet der Dinge (2016-2017)
- Assistant Lecturer in Trends in BPM Research (Masters, Summer 2017)
- Supervisor of Master Thesis on Investigating Event Subscription Mechanism in Business Processes
- Co-supervisor (with Marcin Hewelt) of Bachelor Project on Integration of Events into Case Management (2015-2016)
- Assistant Lecturer in Trends in BPM Research (Masters, Summer 2016)
- Assistant for material preparation in Business Event Processing (Bachelors, Summer 2016)
- Organizer and Supervisor of Master Seminar on Design Science Methodology (Winter 2015-2016)
(Co)-Supervision of Master Thesis
- Heiko Beck, Reevaluation of Decisions in Business Processes based on Events (Completed in September 2016)
- Marius Eichenberg, Event-based Monitoring of Time Constraint Violations (Completed in June 2016)