Emilian Pascalau, M.Sc.
"For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11, Bible
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Matthew 7:7-8, Bible
"All find what they truly seek." C.S. Lewis
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity...and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain
Business Process Technology Group
Hasso Plattner Institute for IT-Systems Engineering
at the University of Potsdam
Research School "Service-oriented Systems Engineering"
D-14482 Potsdam, Germany
eMail: Emilian..Pascalau (at) gmail..com
As of October 1st 2011 I am no longer with HPI!
- Business Processes on the Web
- Business Rules on the Web
- Mash-ups powered by Business Rules
- Semantic Web. Intelligent agents in Semantic Web
- Agents modeling, execution and simulation
- Cognitive and logic aspects in intelligent agents
- Cognitive Systems
- Business Processes and their relationship with Multi Agent Systems (MAS)
: Book chapter, J
: Journal, C
: Conference, T
: Tutorial, W
: Workshop, D
- (W) Emilian Pascalau (2011). Mashups: Behavior in Context(s). Proceedings of the the 7th International Workshop Knowledge Engineering and Software Engineering (KESE7) collocated with CAEPIA 2011 (Conference of the Spanish Association for Artificial Intelligence), Tenerife, Spain.(double blind peer review) (To Appear).
- (D) Sherif Sakr, Emilian Pascalau, Ahmed Awad and Mathias Weske (2011). BPModelMasher: Manage Your Process Variants Effectively. Proceedings of The 9th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2011), Clermont-Ferrand, France, (To Appear).
- (W) Emilian Pascalau (2011). Towards TomTom like Systems for the Web - A Novel Architecture for Browser-based Mashups. BEWEB 2011 March 25, 2011, Uppsala, Sweden, ACM.
- (J) Emilian Pascalau, Ahmed Awad, Sherif Sakr, and Mathias Weske. Partial process models to manage business process variants. Special Issue of the International Journal of Business Process Integration and Management (IJBPIM) 5(3): 240 - 256. [paper]
- (W) Emilian Pascalau and Clemens Rath (2010). Managing Business Process Variants at eBay. In the 2nd International Workshop on BPMN, Potsdam, Germany.
- (W) Emilian Pascalau, Ahmed Awad, Sherif Sakr and Mathias Weske (2010). On Maintaining Consistency of Process Model Variants. In the 1st International Workshop on Reuse in Business Process Management (rBPM’10) at BPM 2010, Hoboken, NJ, USA.
- (J) A. Awad, E.Pascalau, M. Weske: Towards Instant Monitoring of Business Process Compliance, EMISA Forum, 30(2):10-24, Koellen-Verlag, August 2010.
- (W) Thomas Baier, Emilian Pascalau and Jan Mendling (2010). On the Suitability of Aggregated and Congurable Business Process Models. In 11th Workshop on Business Process Modeling, Development, and Support (BPMDS10) at CAiSE 2010, pages 108-119, LNBIP 50, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg. 7-8 June 2010, Hammamet, Tunisia.
- (C) Emilian Pascalau and Adrian Giurca (2009). A Rule-Based Approach of Creating and Executing Mashups . In Proceedings of 9th IFIP Conference on e-Business, e-Services, and e-Society, (I3E 2009). C. Godart et al. (Eds.): I3E 2009, IFIP AICT 305, pp. 82-95, 2009. 23-25 September, Nancy, France. Slides . (indexed by NASA @ Harvard)
- (W) Emilian Pascalau (2009). Built-ins for JSON Rules. In Proceedings of 3rd East European Workshop on Rule-Based Applications, RuleApps 2009, A. Giurca, G. J. Nalepa and G. Wagner(Eds.), September 21, 2009, Cottbus, Germany, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 511. Slides
- (T) Adrian Giurca and Emilian Pascalau (2009). Building Intelligent Mashups at 32nd Annual Conference on Artificial Intelligence (KI 2009), September 15-18, 2009, Paderborn, Germany.
- (W) Emilian Pascalau and Adrian Giurca (2009). A Lightweight Architecture of an ECA Rule Engine for Web Browsers. In Proceedings of 5th Knowledge Engineering and Software Engineering, KESE 2009, collocated with KI 2009, G. J. Nalepa and J. Baumeister(Eds.), September 15, 2009, Paderborn, Germany, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 486. Slides
- (T) Adrian Giurca and Emilian Pascalau (2009). Building Intelligent Mashups at Future Internet Symposium 2009 (FIS 2009), September 1-3, 2009, Berlin, Germany.
- (W) Emilian Pascalau, Adrian Giurca (2009). Towards enabling SaaS for Business Rules. In Proceedings of The International Workshop on Intelligent Service Management (ISM2009), collocated with Sabre 2009, volume P147, pages 207-219, LNI Series, Gesellschaft fur Informatik, March 23-24, 2009, Leipzig, Germany. Slides. Proceedings contents on publisher’s site.
- (C) Emilian Pascalau, Adrian Giurca and Gerd Wagner (2009). Validating Auction Business Processes using Agent-based Simulations. In Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Business Process and Services Computing (BPSC2009), volume P147, pages 95-109, LNI Series, Gesellschaft fur Informatik. March 23-24, 2009, Leipzig, Germany. Slides. Proceedings contents on publisher’s site.
- (BC) Emilian Pascalau, Adrian Giurca and Gerd Wagner (2009). The Agent-Object-Relationship Simulation as a Business Process. In Handbook of Research on Emerging Rule-Based Languages and Technologies: Open Solutions and Approaches, IGI Publishing, ISBN: 978-1-60566-402-6. Book's page on publisher's site, Brochure.
- (W) Adrian Giurca and Emilian Pascalau. JSON Rules. In Proceedings of 4th Knowledge Engineering and Software Engineering, KESE 2008, collocated with KI 2008, G. J. Nalepa and J. Baumeister(Eds.), Spetember 23, 2008, Kaiserlautern, Germany, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, vol. 425. Slides
- (C) Adrian Giurca, Ion-Mircea Diaconescu, Emilian Pascalau and Gerd Wagner. On the Foundations of Web-based Registries for Business Rules. In Proceedings of 2nd International Symposium on Intelligent Distributed Computing, IDC2008, Badica, C.; Mangioni, G.; Carchiolo, V.; Burdescu, D.D.(Eds.), Studies in Computational Intelligence , Vol. 162, Springer, ISBN: 978-3-540-85256-8, September 18-20, 2008, Catania, Italy.
- (W) Emilian Pascalau and Adrian Giurca. Can URML model successfully Drools rules?.In Proceedings of 2nd East European Workshop on Rule-Based Applications, RuleApps2008, collocated with ECAI 2008, Anastasia Analyti and Adrian Giurca and Gerd Wagner (Eds.), ISBN: 978-960-6843-02-0, July 21-22, 2008, Patras, Greece. Online available as CEUR proceedings, vol 428.
- (C) Emilian Pascalau, Adrian Giurca and Gerd Wagner. A formal model of UDDI: UML Metamodel. In Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Digital Communication, AIDC2007, Nicolae Tandareanu and Ion Iancu (Eds.), September 15-16, 2007, Craiova, Romania, pp. 70-81, Reprograph, ISBN: 978-973-671-135-0.
- (C) Emilian Pascalau, Smart Agent Based on Rules for Web Knowledge Mining. In Proceedings of Inaugural IEEE International Digital Ecosystems and Technologies Conference, DEST2007, February 21-23, 2007, Cairns, Australia, pp. 458-461, Inaugural IEEE-IES, ISBN: 1-4244-0470-3.
- Seminar Business Processes in the Real World (Master program WS09/10); link HPI link BPT
- Seminar Intelligent Process Modeling and Labeling (Master program SS2009); link HPI link BPT
I am/was involved in:
- 10.2008 - 09.2011: Research Assistant - Hasso Plattner Institut, University of Potsdam, Germany.
- 05.09.2008 - 27.09.2008: Invited guest - Department of Internet Technology, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus, Germany.
- 05.2007 - 07.2008: Research Assistant - Department of Internet Technology, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus, Germany.
- 05.2007 - 02.2008: Associated Member - REWERSE Project, EU funded Network of Excellence (FP6), I1, Germany.
- 10.2005 - 10.2006: Software Engineer - SOFTVISION, California USA (offshore) / Cluj-Napoca Romania (onsite).
- 08.2004 - 09.2005: Junior Software Engineer - ARTTIFLOR, Craiova, Romania.
- 2000: System Engineer - CDS, Craiova, Romania.
- 01.10.2008 - 30.09.2011: HPI Fellowship, HPI Potsdam
- 01.10.2007 - 31.07.2008: DAAD Fellowship, BTU Cottbus