Dr. Alexander Lübbe (geb. Großkopf)
Business Process Technology|
Hasso Plattner Institute for It-Systems Engineering
at the University of Potsdam
D-14482 Potsdam, Germany
eMail: Alexander..Luebbe(at) hpi..uni-potsdam..de
I did my bachelor studies at HPI in 2002-2006. In my graduation project, I implemented a BPEL4WS 1.1 compliant workflow engine. Afterwards, I joined SAP Research Brisbane (Australia) for one year and worked on language formalizations. My master thesis was an executable semantics for BPMN, called xBPMN
Since 2008, I am a research assistant at the BPT group. In my research, I use empirical methods to assess and advance the state of practice in BPM. This is funded by the Stanford-HPI Design Thinking research program
. The program seeks to combine successful innovation methods with IT engineering. In that context, I created and evaluated TBPM (Tangible Business Process Modeling. The research results are condensed in my PhD thesis
. TBPM is a toolkit and method for co-creation of process models with teams of domain experts guided by a professional process modeling facilitator. More information can be found on t-bpm.de
- Cognitive Theories
- Participatory Design
- Collaborative Process Modeling
- Method Engineering
Dissertation (PhD thesis)
- Alexander Luebbe. Tangible business process modeling: design and evaluation of a process model elicitation technique. University of Potsdam. 2011. Download pdf or bibtex.
Books & Chapters
- Alexander Grosskopf, Gero Decker, Mathias Weske. The Process: Business Process Modeling using BPMN. Meghan Kiffer Press 2009. ISBN-10: 0929652266. (read more) bibtex
- Alexander Luebbe, Mathias Weske. Bringing Design Thinking to Business Process Modeling. In “Design Thinking – Understand, Improve, Apply” (Springer 2010), ISBN-10: 3642137563. bibtex
- Alexander Luebbe, Mathias Weske. Determining the Effect of Tangible Business Process Modeling. In “Design Thinking – Studying Co-Creation in Practice ” (Springer 2011), ISBN-10: 9783642216428.
- Alexander Luebbe, Mathias Weske. Tangible media in process modeling – a controlled experiment, 23nd CAiSE conference, London, UK, June 2011. pdf bibtex
- Alexander Luebbe. Principles for business modeling with novice users, PINC 2011 Sonderborg, Denmark, January 2011. pdf bibtex
- Alexander Luebbe and Mathias Weske. Designing a tangible approach to business process modeling. Electronic Colloquium on Design Thinking Research (ECDTR), December 2010. link bibtex
- Alexander Luebbe, Jonathan Edelman, Martin Steinert, Larry Leifer and Mathias Weske. Design thinking implemented in software engineering tools. 8th Design Thinking Research Symposium (DTRS8), University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, September 2010. pdf bibtex
- Michael Goderbauer, Markus Goetz, Alexander Luebbe, Andreas Meyer, Mathias Weske. Syncro - Concurrent Editing Library for Google Wave In Proceedings of the 10th international conference on Web Engineering (ICWE 2010), Vienna, July 2010.
- Jonathan Edelman, Alexander Grosskopf, Mathias Weske. Tangible Business Process Modeling: A New Approach. Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Engineering Design (ICED), Stanford University, CA, USA, August 2009. pdf bibtex
- Matthias Weidlich, Gero Decker, Alexander Großkopf, and Mathias Weske. BPEL to BPMN: The Myth of a Straight-Forward Mapping. Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS 2008), Monterrey, Mexico, November 2008. Springer Verlag. pdf bibtex
- Marlon Dumas, Alexander Grosskopf, Thomas Hettel, and Moe Wynn. Semantics of Standard Process Models with OR-Joins. 15th International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CoopIS 2007). Vilamoura, Portugal, November 2007. Springer Verlag. pdf bibtex
- Gero Decker, Alexander Großkopf and Alistair Barros. A Graphical Notation for Modeling Complex Events in Business Processes. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Enterprise Distributed Object Computing (EDOC). Annapolis, USA, October 2007. IEEE Computer Society. pdf bibtex
- Alistair Barros, Gero Decker and Alexander Großkopf. Complex Events in Business Processes. Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Business Information Systems (BIS). Poznan, Poland, April 2007. Springer Verlag. pdf bibtex
- Matthias Kunze, Alexander Luebbe, Matthias Weidlich, and Mathias Weske. Towards Understanding Process Modeling – The Case of the BPM Academic Initiative. In Third International Workshop on Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN 2011), Lucern, November 2011.
- Alexander Luebbe, Mathias Weske. Investigating Process Elicitation Workshops using Action Research Proceedings of the 2nd International Workshop on Empirical Research in Business Process Management (ER-BPM'11), Clermont-Ferrand, September 2011 pdf bibtex
- Alexander Grosskopf, Mathias Weske. On Business Process Model Reviews Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Empirical Research in Process-Oriented Information Systems (ER-POIS'10), Hammamet, Tunisia, June 2010. pdf bibtex.
- Matthias Kunze, Alexander Grosskopf, Hagen Overdick, and Matthias Weidlich. Lightweight Collaboration Management. In Proceedings of the 24th Conference on Object Oriented Programming Systems Languages and Applications, October 2009. pdf bibtex
- Alexander Grosskopf, Jan Brunnert, Stefan Wehrmeyer, Mathias Weske. BPMNCommunity.org: A Forum for Process Modeling Practitioners - A Data Repository for Empirical BPM Research. Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Empirical Research in Business Process Management (ER-BPM '09), Ulm, Germany, September 2009. pdf bibtex
- Alexander Grosskopf, Jonathan Edelman, Mathias Weske. Tangible Business Process Modeling - Methodology and Experiment Design. Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Empirical Research in Business Process Management (ER-BPM '09), Ulm, Germany, September 2009. pdf bibtex
- Matthias Weidlich, Alexander Grosskopf, and Alistair Barros. Realising Dead Path Elimination in BPMN. Proceedings of the First International Workshop on BPMN, Co-located with the 11th IEEE Conference on Commerce and Enterprise Computing (CEC’09), Vienna, Austria, July 2009. IEEE Computer Society. pdf bibtex
- Matthias Weidlich, Alexander Großkopf, Daniel Lübke, Kurt Schneider, Eric Knauss, Leif Singer. Verzahnung von Requirements Engineering und Geschäftsprozessdesign. REBPM Workshop at the SE09, Kaiserslautern, Germany, February 2009 pdf bibtex
- Alexander Luebbe, Mathias Weske. The effect of tangible media on individuals in business process modeling - a controlled experiment. Technical Report 41, Potsdam, November 2010, ISSN: 2191-1665. pdf bibtex
- Alexander Großkopf: xBPMN. Formal Control Flow Specification of a BPMN-based Process Execution Language. Master Thesis. 2007 pdf bibtex